2012-2016 State Workforce Plan
Pursuant the Guidance Issued by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL), Florida must submit a new Workforce Investment Act – Wagner-Peyser Act State Plan no later than September 15, 2012 which outlines a five-year strategy for the State’s workforce investment system. This Plan must be in place in order for the State to receive federal funding pursuant to the above referenced legislation. A first draft is available for review and comment and can be be found in the sidebar at right.
Upon its approval by the USDOL, the 2012-2016 Plan will replace the current 2011 State Plan found on our web site at: http://www.workforceflorida.com/Publications/StatePlan.php.
Workforce Florida, Inc. (WFI), the state workforce board, and Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) have begun the process to develop the required five-year plan and to initiate the related local planning process for the Florida’s twenty-four Regional Workforce Boards. The following is the timeline for the state and local planning processes:
|May-June 2012||WFI and DEO to develop draft State Plan Components|
|June 1, 2012||Initial information related to the planning process, labor market information, and State policy related to regional workforce board membership, will be distributed.|
|July 1, 2012||Detailed local planning instructions will be distributed.|
|August 22-23, 2012||WFI Board Meeting to review and approve State Plan for submission|
|September 15, 2012||State Plan to be submitted to USDOL|
|October 1, 2012||Local plans to be submitted to WFI for review and approval.|
The agendas for the May 23-24, 2012 WFI Board meeting and the meeting of its Finance and Administrative Council also contain action items that will directly impact the development of the State plan. This included the recommendation to extend the current local plans, items related to the State Strategic Plan, recommendations related to the 2012-2013 budget, and recommended policy to implement The Regional Workforce Boards Accountability Act. The full agenda materials for these meetings are posted on this website for review and possible comment.
Those wishing to comment on the above referenced items, the State Plan in general, or any subsequent items to be posted in reference to the State Plan may e-mail their comments to: 2012Plan@workforceflorida.com
- DRAFT State Integrated Workforce Plan (pdf, 1.4MB)
- PY 2012 Florida Plan Extension Approval Letter (pdf, 103K)
- Advisory: Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 21-11 (pdf, 205K)
- Training and Employment Guidance Letter No. 21-11, Change 1 (pdf, 437K)
- Extension Request (pdf, 222K)
- State Integrated Workforce Plan Requirements for WIA Title I/Wagner-Peyser Act and Department of Labor Workforce Programs (pdf, 102K)
- Consultation Papers for Guidance Incorporating Changes in Chapter 2012-29, Laws of Florida Amending Chapter 445, F.S. (pdf, 168K)
- State Workforce Plan Public Comments (pdf, 489K)