Employ Florida Banner Center for Energy
Helping to grow the skilled energy workforce is the central objective of the Employ Florida Banner Center for Energy, which is based at and led by Indian River State College (IRSC). Originally based at Lake Sumter Community College, the Banner Center set out in January 2007 with a focus on developing curricula and increasing training opportunities for electric utility line workers and power plant employees. The Banner Center’s mission is to:
- Serve as a resource center for electric utility education and training in Florida
- Promote energy-related career opportunities
- Facilitate ongoing communication between energy providers in Florida
- Understand the needs and workforce issues of the energy industry
- Bring together industry, education, economic development and workforce entities to help meet identified needs and resolve issues
*This Banner Center is undergoing a transition. Workforce Florida funding has phased out.